District Council 4: VOC Photo Contest Rules and Terms
Eligibility and Exclusions
- This contest is open to all members of District Council 4 with the exclusion of Staff members, instructors, trustee’s and their families. All contestants are subject to review and may be disqualified at District Council 4’s discretion.
- All photos must be submitted via www.dc4.org and all information pertaining to the photo must be submitted for entry to be considered.
- All participants must submit original photos that have been taken by the participant themselves. No copyrighted or previously published photos will be accepted.
- Photos must be submitted in digital format (jpeg, png, etc.) and should be high resolution and of good quality.
- Each participant may submit up to 5 photos per month.
- Photos must depict volunteer work being performed in a safe and responsible manner. Any photos that depict unsafe or irresponsible behavior will be disqualified.
- Monthly winners will be selected by a panel of judges and will receive a $50 gas card.
- The annual winner, selected from all monthly winners, will receive a $500 weekend getaway voucher.
- By submitting photos to the contest, participants agree to abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the volunteer organizing committee.
- The volunteer organizing committee reserves the right to disqualify any photo that does not meet the guidelines or is deemed inappropriate.
- The volunteer organizing committee reserves the right to change or modify the rules of the contest at any time.
- If a tie occurs we will split the prize evenly for that month(s) prize and each winner will be added to our annual winner contest.
By submitting a photograph to this competition you:
- Declare that you own the copyright of the photograph and that it is your original work.
- Declare that you have permission to use the visual image of any identifiable individual or building in the photograph for entry into the competition and that the image may be published as stipulated in the photo contest rules.
- Agree that District Council 4 will not be responsible for the infringement of any third party rights in the photograph, moral or otherwise, that may arise as a result of your actions or omissions and that you indemnify District Council 4 against all legal fees, claims, damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of your breach of the contest rules.
- Grant reproduction rights for District Council 4 use and in doing so agree that District Council 4 can use your photograph for the purposes of the competition and also for future reproduction on websites and literature and other materials at District Council 4’s discretion (photographs will be credited where appropriate).